Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Technology Support

NC State has a tremendous amount of technology support.  When I moved in as a freshman, trained staff helped me connect my computer to NC State's high speed network and set up my software.  Throughout the semester these technology assistants are stationed in our campus computer labs.  They are available to answer any questions and keep the lab running smoothly. State also runs a technology support center out of the West Dunn Building.  I recently discovered the center when I detected a virus on my computer. Within 24 hours of dropping my computer off, it was returned as good as new.  This avoided the hassle of sending my computer back to the manufacturer and waiting weeks for it to be repaired.  I have found State's technology support to be friendly and effective.  They definitely save time, money, and my sanity.  :)

For more information about computer resources on campus for incoming students, please visit http://www.ncsu.edu/it/essentials/
Posted by: Erin Whitley