Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Double Majors

I am a double major in Poultry and Animal Science. I found that there were many class requirement that overlapped between the Poultry and Animal Science curriculum. These fields are similar and will help to make many job opportunities available. Becoming a double major has allowed me to network with faculty and staff within both departments. I have also been able to participate in clubs and extracurricular activities within both majors. Since both of these fields are of interest to me, I am able to fulfill two of my long term goals. It will take me 4 1/2 years to receive my bachelors degree but I feel it is well worth it. I will have vast amounts of opportunity made available to me because I am double majoring. I would recommend that if you are interested in two different curriculums that you do your research and talk to your advisor. If you feel that a double major will be beneficial for you, puruse it! I am so glad I made the decision to double major.
Posted by: Jessica Nixon