Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Undergraduate Teaching Assistant

Coming to NC State, I never realized how important Teaching Assistants were to your class experience. In CALS, you will take a lot of labs, most of which are taught by graduate Teaching Assistants or undergraduate students who have taken and done well in that class before. TAs are great resources, many are more than willing to help you if you are having trouble with class material.
Posted by: Lauren Hysong

Students can become undergraduate teaching assistants by talking with the professor after completing the course. I am now a TA for an introductory biochemistry class and am also completing my honors project through my teaching experience. As a TA, I am required to teach a problem session and grade quizzes and exams. It is a great opportunity for me to work closely with a faculty member and stay on top of the material.
Posted by: Beth Migliaccio