Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Examples of Campus Clubs

As a freshman, I wanted to get more involved around campus, but wasn't really sure how to begin. Then, during my first week of school, I saw flyers and chalking all over campus advertising various club meetings, so I thought I would give a couple of them a try. I ended up joining the Pre-vet Club, the Zoology Club, and the Companion Animal Club, which were all very applicable to my pre-veterinary interests. By joining these clubs, I met students with the same interests; I met other students from my classes, and they became great people to study with, while the upperclassmen in the clubs had great advice for my next four years at State. The clubs also coordinated a lot of fun activities that allowed me to get more involved around campus, as well as the community, all of which really helped me find my niche at NC State!

CALS Clubs & Organizations
Student Organization Resource Center

Posted by: Tria Metzler