Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Study Abroad

I spent Summer 2008 in Queensland, Australia. The study abroad experience was by far the most enjoyable thing I have done in my life. The focus of the trip was Animal & Veterinary Studies as well as Australian Studies. We spent a lot of time outdoors, observing animal wildlife, production systems, and environmental issues. We also spent time in the classroom getting an overview of animal agriculture in Australia and learning about art, history, and sociological similarities and differences between the USA and Australia. The experience challenged my stance on issues, and allowed me to witness firsthand how a different country views America. It will truly enhance your college experience and I recommend giving Study Abroad some thought. The Study Abroad Office will help you find ways of funding your trip and assist you with the details of your program. You may be able to study for a semester in a foreign country while paying NCSU tuition. The opportunities are endless, but the choice to take advantage of them is yours! http://studyabroad.ncsu.edu
Posted by: Justin Jornigan