Wednesday, October 1, 2008

On Campus Jobs

I am currently a senior and have had an on campus job as a lab assistant for the past three years. I decided not to have a job freshman year because transitioning to college life is so important and I wanted to have time to meet new people and become involved on campus. Having an on campus job has been great for me because they understand that I am a student first and that my job comes second. I work flexible hours and my supervisor allows me to miss work if I have a big class project or a meeting to attend. It's also very convenient and I can work between class breaks or right after class and I don't have to worry about driving to an off campus location. My advice is to take the first year off and become involved and if you want experience or need a job for financial reasons later then try to find an on campus job before looking elsewhere.
Posted by: Julie Stainback